Chennai metro SBI card is the card from State Bank of India that can be used both as a regular credit card and a metro card as well. It has some of the greatest features for the people who travel in the Chennai metro and shop frequently. With all its features like a low annual fee. Discount on fuel stations and big discounts on hotel booking, car rental, flight booking, and also on personal care products. With all its features it offers you some peace of mind.
Eligibility Criteria –
Age – between 21 to 70 years old.
Nationality – Indian
Occupation – both salaried and self-employed people can apply.
Minimum Income – Sbi wants a minimum monthly income of Rs – 20,000.
‘CIBIL’ Score – self-employed people must have a good CIBIL score. (above 750)
Self-employed applicants need to have a good relationship with the bank.
Applicant should not have an unpaid loan.
Documents required –
Identity proof –
- Driving license.
- Aadhar Id.
- Passport card.
Address proof – (anyone)
- Voter ID card.
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Ration card
Income proof –
- For a salaried person – last 3 months’ salary slip or ITR,
- For a self-employed person – Resent bank statement, Good credit score, proof of income
- Pan card
- Form 16
- Income tax returns
(the bank can also ask you to submit some other documents)
- Annual Fee (one time) – 499 + tax (free 2000 reward points if Rs- 2000 spend within 60 days)
- Renewal fee (yearly) – 499 + tax (would be reversed for next year if 75000 or more is spent in the present year)
- Ad on fee (yearly) – none
- Welcome offer – it offers 2,000 reward points if Rs 2000 or more is spent within the first 60 days
- Reward point – 100 rupees spent = 1 reward point.
10x reward point on spends on movies, grocery, departmental stores, etc.
1 reward point = Rs- 0.25
The points could be redeemed through online and offline methods.
- Flight booking – now get Rs 4,000 off on your domestic flight booking on ‘Goomo’ on a minimum transaction of Rs. 50,000 (coupon code – ‘GMSBIF’)
- Car rental – it gives you a 20% off on car rental through ‘Myles’(web or app) (minimum transaction – Rs. 6,000)
- Hotel booking – you can get up to 4,000 rupees off on domestic hotels through ‘MakeMyTrip’ (promo code – MMTSBL).
- Dining – it gives you 10x reward points on spends on most of the restaurants. (on minimum Rs. 100 transaction)
- Fuel Surcharge – now get a 1% discount on every petro pump in the country. (transaction limit between 300 to 3,000).
- Foreign Exchange rate – 5% of the transacted amount
- Card lost – SBI covers their customers against card loss. Again with their 24×7 customer care and alert feature you are fully safe. Although you can block your lost card any moment.
- Cash payment fee – Rs 199
- Over-limit charge – 5% of the extra amount (minimum Rs 500)
- Card replacement – 250
Other benefits –
- Worldwide acceptance –
Chennai Metro SBI Card is now accepted worldwide, there are more than 24 million stores across the world. And 3,25,000 stores in India. So you can transact everywhere.
- Add on the facility – it lets you add your family members(parents, children, spouse, siblings), above 18+, with your card.
- Utility bill payment – now your worry of paying bills is over, with this feature your utility bills (electricity, water, telephone, insurance, etc.) will be paid within time automatically.
- Balance transfer – now you can save by paying your credit card dues! You can simply transfer your other cards due to the Chennai Metro SBI Card to avail of the lowest rate of interest.
- Easy money – you can now order a draft from home any time just with a phone call. It will be billed to your Chennai Metro SBI Card. It is very helpful in paying bills.
- E-statement – getting a statement from the bank is now easy. SBI now sends your statement to your registered email id.
- Alert facility – the card alert service gives you the authority to receive detailed information about your card as an SMS. So no matter where you are you will always be informed.
Customer care numbers –
- Email – [email protected]
Final verdict –
If you are a regular traveler of Chennai Metro and you shop a lot and also if you want a credit card with a low annual fee and huge reward point offers then this card is perfect for you. You can use It both as a normal metro card and a regular credit card again it comes with a lot of cashback offers and with a guarantee of peace from SBI.