When it comes to a seamless credit card experience and some good benefits at a low cost, the HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card is a very good hdfc credit card for beginners. This card is suitable for those who have a good credit score but do not have enough experience with a credit card.
This hdfc credit card platinum variant offers some attractive benefits like reward points on every credit card transaction, lost card liability coverage, hdfc bank lifetime free add-on cards, and so on.
- Resident Type: Indian
- For salaried person:
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 21 to 60 years.
- Income: The average income of the applicant should be Rs. 30,000 monthly (Approx)
- For self-employed person:
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 21 to 65 years.
- Income: Annual Income Tax Return should be greater than Rs. 3 lakh. (Approx)
- A long relationship with the bank will help you to get this card.
- An excellent credit score (above 760) is needed to apply for this card.
If you have the above-stated eligibility criteria, then you can apply hdfc credit card online from the hdfc bank credit card online application portal. The hdfc new credit card apply online process is discussed on the HDFC credit card FAQ page.
- Photocopy of Address proof (any 1)
- Last 6 months bank account Statement
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Utility bills
- Photocopy of ID Proof (any 1)
- Aadhar card
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of income statement:
- Salaried Person (any 1)
- Salary Slip of last 3 months
- ITR (Income Tax Return)
- Self-employed person
- Income tax return of the last year
- Proof of business
- Salaried Person (any 1)
Once your application is submitted successfully, you can check status of hdfc credit card application from the HDFC credit card tracking page. The complete hdfc bank credit card application tracking process can be found on the 100xGain FAQ page.
- HDFC platinum plus credit card joining fee: The bank will let you know at the time of application.
- HDFC platinum plus credit card annual fee: The bank will let you know at the time of approval.
There are several online hdfc credit card bill payement options available. But if you want to pay hdfc bank credit card bill offline, then you can make the payment of hdfc credit card through neft, cheque, or by visiting your nearby HDFC branch. But remember, you will have to pay hdfc credit card cash payment charges if you pay your bill in cash.
You can earn 2 reward points for each Rs. 150 spent with this card. For lic premium payment by hdfc credit card , you will get a maximum of 2,000 points per day.
These points are extremely useful, you can redeem hdfc credit card points online for flight/hotel booking, to get a product from the SmartBuy or hdfc credit card reward points catalog, you can also redeem them in cash.
Extra benefits on milestone spend:
On completing Rs. 50,000 spent with your hdfc platinum chip credit card within an HDFC card credit cycle, you will get 50% extra rewards than the regular rate.
Smart EMI option:
Using the SmartEMI option, you can convert your high-value credit card transactions into EMI with a minimal hdfc credit card interest rates . You can set your desired tenure and apply for EMI from the android app for hdfc credit card . If you are curious to know how to convert hdfc credit card bill into emi ? then feel free to visit the HDFC credit card FAQ page.
Lost card liability coverage:
If your card is lost or stolen, you just have to report the loss by calling the hdfc credit card customers care number . And you will no longer be liable for anything bad that may happen to your card.
Lifetime free hdfc credit card add-on cards:
HDFC Bank allows you to add up to 3 of your family members (age 18+) with your card as add-on members so that they can enjoy the benefits of having a credit card.
Auto bill payment option:
HDFC bank features an automatic bill payment system named SmartPay, if you enable the smartpay options from your online banking hdfc credit card account, all your utility bills will be paid automatically and you would not need to remember their due dates. You can control the hdfc credit card auto debit option using internet banking for hdfc credit card.
This hdfc credit card platinum plus variant comes with a pre-installed EMV chip. Previously all your sensitive hdfc credit card information used to be saved on the black magnetic strips. But these chips use a much-secured encryption method to store your data, which makes it nearly impossible to clone.
- Cash advance fee on credit card : 2.5% against the transaction amount, min Rs. 500
- Finance Charges: The hdfc credit card interest rate after due date will be 3.6% monthly or 43.2% annually.
- Foreign currency conversion charge: 3.5% against the transaction amount.
- Add-on card fee: Free for a lifetime.
How To Connect HDFC Credit Card Customer Care?
- Call the hdfc bank credit card contact number: 1800-266-4332 (Toll-free) or 022-616-6161
- Write to the hdfc bank credit card email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t want to keep your old credit card, then you can close it very easily. The hdfc credit card closure application process is discussed in detail on the 100xGain FAQ page.
As said before this card is meant for first-time users who do not have much knowledge of credit cards or those who want to improve their credit score. But if you want to earn savings then this card is not for you. In terms of benefits, this card offers reward points and it is the only kind of benefit you can get from this card. So, if you are looking for an entry-level credit card then I would recommend you to take a look at the 100XGain top 10 beginner’s credit card page.