SBI offers various types of credit card for their needs. And The SBI offers the IRCTC SBI Platinum Card in partnership with IRCTC. This card is one of the best card for railway ticket bookings. Also the card has some awesome features and benefits such as welcome gift, value pack benefits, Travel offers, freedom from fuel surcharge, global acceptance, waiver of transaction charges, visa benefits, contactless advantages, cash on go, add-on card, Easy bill payments, flexipay, easy money, railway ticket bookings etc.
Eligibility criteria :
- Age : Age should be 21 years or more.
- Citizenship: Applicant should be an Indian.
- Occupation: The applicant should be salaried or self employed.
- Income : Applicant should have a good source of income.
- Identity proof: Aadhaar card, electricity bill, telephone bill.
- Income proofs:
For salaried applicants: Last 3 month’s bank statement, salary slip of last 3 months or any document of income.
For self employed applicants: Recent Income Tax Returns, Balance sheets.
- PAN card
Annual fee – Rs.500 + Taxes
Renewal fee/ annum – Rs.300
No add-on card fee.
Privileges on IRCTC SBI PLATINUM CARD:
- Welcome gifts: There is a welcome gift for the customers.
- If you spend Rs.500 or more on a single transaction in between 45 days of receiving the card you will get 350 reward points as welcome gift. The transaction of duel and cash are not applicable for this offer.
- If you withdraw first time from ATM in between 1 month of receiving the card will get Rs.100 cashback.
- You will get your bonus reward in your IRCTC SBI Platinum card account within 45 days.
- Value back Benefits:
- You will get 10% value back on AC1, AC2, AC2, AC, and CC tickets bookings from wwww.irctc.co.in.
- If you spend Rs.125 on retail purchase, railway ticket bookings etc. you will get 1 reward points each time.
These reward points are redeemable. You can redeem these reward points through cash ( 1 reward points is equals to Rs.1), exclusive catalogues of products, railway ticket bookings etc.
- Travel offers:
- You will get 1% off on transaction charge on bookings of railway tickets on www.irctc.co.in.
- You will be able to go many places of adventure, wildlife, pilgrimage etc. in India.
- You will get offers from more than 5000 hotels in 350 cities in India.
- Fuel surcharge waiver: There is a offer for all cardholders at any petrol pump. You will be able to get a discount of 1% fuel surcharge. (You can save only maximum Rs.100 per statement Cycle)
The transaction must be in between Rs.500 to Rs.3000 if you want to get the offer.
If you want to raise this profit, use the card at petrol pump you want all over India.
- Transaction charges waiver: You can save 1.8% transaction charges if you book railway ticket and airline tickets from www.irctc.co.in and www.air.irctc.co.in respectively.
- Offers from Visa:
- You can avail some excellent offers on travel, dining, golf, entertainment etc. with visa card.
- Global Acceptance: You can use the card in more than 29 million outlets in the world and 3.25 lakhs outlets in India.
- Contactless Advantage: You can use the Card for your daily purchases. For transaction, go to any secure reader and wave your card smoothly.
It is fast and convenient that it is very unnecessary to give your card to anybody for everyday small purchases.
It is very secure. If you transact without contact , the card will always attached in your hand. The card has a skimming facility which helps you to prevent any fraud of the card and also save the card from losing.
- Cash on Go: You can withdraw cash from more than 1 million Visa ATMs all around the world. It includes more than 18000 Visa ATMs in India and 10000+ SBI ATMs in 100 cities in India.
- SBI Dropbox Locator: You can search the nearest Sbi card drop box from your location. To know the location you have to type PIN<space>your 6 digits pin code and send this to 56767 via SMS. You will get the list .
- Add-on Cards : Bank offers add-on cards for your family ( parents, spouse, children, brothers and sisters whose age must be 18 years) to do something with your card.
- Flexipay : If you purchase for Rs.2500 or extra with the help of your card, you can convert your transaction in easy monthly instalments. To use this facility ( convert into flexipay) you have to log in to sbicard.com with your username and password in between 30 days of your purchase.
- Balance Transfer on EMI: SBI will provide balance transfer facility. By this service you will be able to transfer your card’s outstanding balance of other banks to your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card. There is a very low interest rate for this transfer.
- Easy Money : By the easy money facility it is possible to get a draft or cheque against your card limit.
You will be able to get the Facility to your doorstep.
For booking of easy money you have to log in to sbicard.com with your username and password.
- Utility Bill Payments: You can pay your electricity bill, mobile bill, water bills, telephone bills easily with the help of your card.
- Railway Ticket Bookings: You can book railway tickets with the help of your card.
- Charges :Interest free period 20days to 50 days.
- Finance charges 3.35% per month and 40.2% per year.
- Cash advance fees 2.5% of the amount at SBI and other ATMs (minimum Rs.500) and 2.5% for International ATMs.
- Cheque pick up fee Rs.199.
- Cheque fee Rs.100.
- Cheque payment fee Rs.100
- Payment dishonor fee 2% of transaction amount.
- Rs.100 for statement retrieval .
- Late payment:
- 0 for due of Rs.0 to Rs.500
- Rs.400 for due of Rs.500 or more and upto Rs.1000
- Rs.750 for due of Rs.1000 or more and upto Rs.10000
- Rs.950 for due of Rs.10000 or more.
- Rs.100 for card replacement.
- Overlimit charges 2.5% of the amount ( minimum Rs.500)
- $175 for emergency card replacement at abroad.
- Foreign currency mark-up 3.5%.
Customer Care: If you want to know more about the card you can contact in this 24×7 helpline number 1800 180 1290.
100X Gain Rating: 4 stars.
Final Opinion: If you need a credit card with the best benefits for ticket bookings then you can choose The IRCTC SBI Platinum Card. It has some world-class facilities which made the card more attractive. The fees and charges are very low so you will like to use it.