Kotak Mahindra Bank and National Payments Corporation of India have joined hands to launch the new Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card in India’s 75th year of Independence. This card is specifically designed for those who have dedicated their lives to serving the nation, i.e. the armed forces of the country.
In terms of benefits, this card offers powerful rewards with every transaction, huge discounts on fuel, and railway surcharges, complimentary insurance coverage, and lots more. More about the kotak platinum credit card benefits are discussed below.
How does kotak veer platinum credit card eligibility work?
This card is exclusively available for Indian defense personnel.
- Resident Type: Indian
- Kotak platinum credit card eligibility criteria for salaried people:
- Age: 21 to 60 years.
- Income: Above Rs.35,000 monthly.
- Kotak platinum credit card eligibility criteria for self-employed people:
- Age: 21 to 65 years.
- Income: Above Rs.45,000 monthly.
- A credit score of 700+ is required to apply for this kotak mahindra bank platinum credit card.
What documents are required to apply for a kotak bank platinum credit card?
- Photocopy of Address proof (any 1)
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Utility bills
- Photocopy of ID Proof (any 1)
- Aadhar card
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of income statement:
- Salaried Person (any 1)
- Salary Slip of last 3 months
- Self-employed person
- Income tax return of the last year
- Proof of business
- Salaried Person (any 1)
What are the Veer Platinum credit card fees?
- Kotak Platinum credit card joining fee: None.
- Kotak platinum credit card annual fee: Rs.299 + GST (Can be waived off on spending Rs.50,000 in an anniversary year)
What are the kotak veer platinum credit card benefits?
A huge joining bonus to welcome you:
As you spend Rs.500 with your card within the first 30 days of card activation, you will receive 500 reward points as a joining bonus.
Make every transaction rewarding:
Every transaction you make using your kotak platinum credit card can earn you assured reward points. The details are mentioned below.
Category of transaction
|Dining, movies, departmental stores, and grocery||6 reward points for every Rs.200 transaction|
|All other categories||2 reward points for every Rs.200 transaction|
You can check the status of your earned reward points from your net banking account.
Get freedom from fuel surcharges:
Your kotak veer platinum credit card features a 1% waiver on fuel surcharges across all fuel stations in India.
Get huge discounts on railway surcharges:
This kotak platinum credit card offers a 1.8% surcharge waiver on railway tickets booked from IRCTC official website and a 2.5% surcharge waiver on railway tickets booked from railway ticket booking counters.
Opportunity to make your card lifetime free:
On spending Rs.50,000 with your kotak mahindra platinum credit card within a year, you can get a complete waiver on your next year’s annual fee.
Complimentary lost card liability coverage:
This kotak platinum credit card features a complimentary lost card liability coverage of Rs.1,25,000. So, if your card ever gets lost or stolen, you just have to report it by calling the Kotak credit card customer service number and you will not be liable for anything bad that may happen to your account.
What are the kotak platinum credit card charges?
|Kotak platinum credit card cash withdrawal charges||Rs.300 for each withdrawal of Rs.10,000 (or a part thereof) (Check your kotak platinum credit card limit before making a withdrawal)|
|Finance charge||3.5% monthly (42% annually)|
|Foreign currency conversion charge||3.5% against the transaction amount|
|Add-on card fee||None|
How to contact the Kotak credit card customer care department?
- Call the Kotak credit card customer care number: 1800-209-0000 (Toll-free) or 022-6600-6022
- Write to the Kotak credit card mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pros and cons:
If you are a defense personnel and are looking for a credit card for your everyday expenses, then this card would be a good option for you. It offers you up to 6 reward points for every Rs.200 transaction, big discounts on fuel and railway surcharges, complimentary lost card liability coverage, and lots more.
But if you are looking for more premium benefits like free lounge access, or huge discounts on dining or travel expenses, then I would suggest you take a look at our best premium credit cards page.
- American express platinum charge card (Best for lounge access, travel, and dining benefits)
- Axis Bank Magnus credit card (Best for, lounge access, hotel, and dining benefits)
- HDFC Solitaire Credit Card (Best for shopping and fuel benefits)
FAQs on Kotak Veer Platinum Credit Card:
What is the platinum credit card limit in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
There is no fixed limit on Kotak platinum cards. Your credit limit depends on your monthly income, your credit score, and your repayment history.
What is a platinum level credit card?
As a premium credit card, platinum cards offer a variety of benefits and perks that are not included in standard credit cards.
What is the advantage of a platinum credit card?
Platinum credit cards come with a higher credit limit (without any upper cap) and offer much better benefits than other credit cards (like gold or silver).