How To Apply For SBI Credit Card
Applying for an SBI credit card is very simple, like most of the card providers SBI supports online and offline applications. But due to the current pandemic, they are insisting upon online application.
There are two ways to apply online. First, you can apply from the SBI card official website or you can apply from Yono SBI mobile app. If you want to apply from SBI official website you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all, visit the SBI card official website, and go to the credit card section. You will get a list of available credit cards there. You can preview the benefits and the applicable charges.
- After selecting the best option for yourself, click on apply now.
- A new page will open where you have to provide your personal details like name, date of birth, city, pin code number, email id, mobile number, etc.
- You will get an OTP in your given mobile number. After entering the OTP select agree and go to the next step.
- Another new page will open where you will have to provide your personal and professional details.
- Provide your mailing address. And select if you already have an SBI credit card or not.
- After filling up all the necessary details click on “Get instant decision”.
- If your application is accepted you will get an application number on your screen. And the customer service will contact you shortly.
You can also apply from Yono SBI mobile app. You can follow the steps given below.
- Open your Yono SBI app and go to the card section and select the “Get a New Card” option.
- You will get a list of available credit card options. Compare them and select the most suitable option. Select the desired card and you can see the benefits and applicable charges.
- Select the “Apply now” option and select your City from the drop-down list. If your city is not on the list, contact the SBI card helpline ( 30020202).
- Select your SBI savings account and select agree to continue.
- On the next page, you have to provide some of your personal information like your qualification, annual income, etc.
- Click on the send OTP option. You will get the OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and submit your application.
- The bank will decide your eligibility for the card, and if you are eligible then your card will be delivered to your registered residential address.
How to track SBI credit card application status
After applying for a credit card you have to wait for a few days to get it in your hand. During this period you can track your application status online with your application id and mobile number.
- First of all, visit https://www.sbicard.com and go to the credit “Credit Card” section from the navigation bar.
- You can find the “Track Application” status at the end of the page.
- Enter your application/reference number and select the track option. You will get the status of your application on your screen.
If you don’t have the application/reference number handy you can check the status by entering your PAN number and date of birth.
How to track SBI card delivery status
Once your credit card application is approved, it will be delivered to your given address. You can also track the delivery status online. You can follow the steps given below.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your account. You can see the track application there. Fill up the required section and click on the track button.
- On the screen, you can find if your application is approved or not.
- If your application is approved you can see the delivery status of your card. You will get an SMS or email with a tracking/order Id from the shipping company.
- Log in to the shipping company’s website and enter the tracking id to track the delivery status of your SBI card.
How to activate your SBI card for the first time
New credit cards always come blocked Status. In order to use it, you have to activate it manually. You can active your SBI card just by visiting www.sbicard.com you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to SBI card.com log in to your SBI account.
- Once you have logged in to your account you will find the request menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on it and select “Card Activation Option”. Choose your desired card (if you have more than one card)
- Next, click on the activation option and your card will be activated shortly.
If you are not comfortable with the online procedure then you can activate your card offline. You can visit any SBI ATM and follow the given steps to complete your activation process.
- First of all visit an SBI ATM and insert your card in the machine.
- You will see a number of options on the screen. Among them choose “Create new pin using OTP”
- You will get the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and in the next screen, you will be asked to enter your mobile number.
- Select a 4 digit pin of your choice and click submit.
- You will get a confirmation SMS from your bank on successful activation.
How to withdraw cash from SBI Credit Card
Just like a regular debit card, you can withdraw cash from your SBI credit card. But unlike a debit card, you have to pay some charge for withdrawing cash from the credit card. Normally it is a percentage of the withdrawn amount.
To withdraw cash from your credit card, you have to generate a PIN for your card. If you have already generated your PIN then you can follow the steps.
- First, insert your card in any ATM machine.
- Enter your four-digit unique PIN and the amount you want to withdraw.
- Collect the cash from the machine.
However, can credit cards are not designed for cash withdrawal. You will have to pay a certain amount of charge for withdrawal and it can also affect your credit score. So, unless it is not an emergency do not withdraw cash from your credit card.
How to increase the limit in SBI credit card
Every credit card comes with a fixed credit limit. It says the maximum amount you can spend within a credit cycle. However, it can be increased. Card providers sometimes offer their selected users to increase their credit limit. Also if your annual income has increased in recent times, you can apply to your card provider to upgrade your credit limit. There are two ways to apply, 1) With an increased offer. It requires zero documents. 2) Apply with income proof.
- With increase offer: SBI often offers its eligible cardholder to increase their credit limit. If you are eligible you will get the offer through SMS, email, or through the monthly statements. You can also log in to www.sbicard.com and go to the offer and benefits section to see if you have got any increased limit offer.
- Apply with income proof: Suppose you have got a promotion and your annual income has significantly increased. You can then apply to your card provider with all necessary documents to increase your credit limit.
How to block your SBI Credit Card
If your credit card is lost or stolen or if you notice some suspicious transactions it becomes necessary to block your credit card. Therefore every cardholder should know how to block their cards. With SBI to block your credit cards with multiple options.
A. Through sbicard.com:
- log on to www.sbicard.com with your user id and password.
- Go to the request section.
- Click on “Report Lost/Stolen Card”
- Select your card number and click on “Submit”.
- Your card will be blocked automatically.
B. Block through the mobile app:
- Log in to your SBI account with the SBI mobile app.
- Go to the menu option and select “Service Request”.
- Here you will find the “Report lost/stolen card” option. Click on it.
- Select the credit card number you want to block and click on submit.
- Your card will be blocked automatically.
C. By calling the 24X7 helpline:
You can block your card just by calling the 23X7 helpline number (39020202/18601801290). You just have to follow the given instructions.
D. By SMS:
Also, you can SMS “BLOCK_LAST FOUR DIGIT OF YOUR CARD NUMBER” to 5676791 to block your card.
How to replace your SBI Credit Card
When credit cards get lost it becomes necessary to block them. Therefore It is necessary for every cardholder to know how to block and replace their lost or stolen card. With SBI you can block your card very easily. You can either apply for replacement via sbicard.com or you can apply from SBI mobile application.
A. Through the website:
- Log on to www.sbicard.com and go to the request section.
- Here you will find replace/request option, click on it.
- Select your card number and click on submit.
- Your card will be replaced soon.
B. Through mobile application:
- Log in to your SBI mobile application and go to the menu.
- Here you will find the “Service Request” option. Tap on it.
- Tap on the “Reissue/Replace” option.
- Select your card number and tap on submit.
- Your card will be replaced soon.
How to apply for an add on card on SBI Credit Card
SBI gives their customer the opportunity to issue add-on cards against their credit card. With SBI you can get an add-on card very easily without any changes. The application process is very simple and straightforward. You can also follow the steps given below.
- Log in to sbicard.com using your user id and password.
- Go to the service section. You will find an add-on card option there. Click on it.
- Submit some of the personal details of the add-on card member including name, date of birth, gender, his/her relationship with the primary cardholder, etc.
- You have to upload some KYC documents like photo id, address proof, passport size photograph. All the documents must be self-attested.
- Submit the application and your card will be delivered to your given address.
You can also download the add-on card. If you are uncomfortable with the online application process then you can apply offline. Fill up the application form and mail it with self-attested KYC documents to
SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd.
P.O Box No- 16, GPO,
New Delhi- 110001
How to activate international transactions on SBI Credit Card
As per Reserve bank’s new guidelines, international transactions on new credit cards are turned off. So if you want to use your SBI credit card for online transactions you have to turn it on first. You can do it manually from www.sbicard.com
- Log in to sbicard.com with your user id and password.
- Go to the Service section and select the Active International Usage option.
- Select your card number and click on the Active option. You will also have to accept all the terms and conditions.
- Click on Submit button and you will see a message on a new screen that says that your application has been submitted successfully.
- It takes a while to activate the international transaction. You can also track your application status from the track application option.
How to check the statement of SBI credit card
For a credit card user, the statement is a very important thing. It contains a number of important information like the total due amount, due date, minimum due amount, and lots more. Normally credit card statements are sent to the registered email address at the end of a billing cycle although you can view and download your statement online with a few simple steps.
- Visit www.sbicard.com and log on to your account using your user id and password.
- Go to the My Account section and you can find the Card Statement option here. Click on it.
You will get the statement of the last 24 months on the screen.
How to file a dispute on your SBI credit card
SBI and all other credit card Issuers give their users the opportunity to raise a question against a faulty transaction. This process of raising a question is called a transaction dispute. One can file a transaction dispute if there is a –
- Failed transaction.
- Not-rendered transaction. (Undelivered service)
- Double debit. (When You are charged twice for the same transaction)
You have to file a dispute within 25 days of the transaction. Once a dispute is filed investigation will be initiated. During the investigation period, the disputed amount will not cost any charges and will not be added to the total outstanding amount.
To raise a dispute you have to fill up and submit a form named Transaction dispute form or TDF along with some necessary documents. You will get an acknowledgment that says your dispute has been registered successfully.
You can also mail at [email protected] for further information.
How to check the due date of your SBI credit card
Every credit card user has to make monthly payments against their total outstanding amount. These payments should be made monthly within a certain date which is set by the card issuer. This date is called the due date.
Normally due dates are mentioned in the monthly statements. But if you have lost your statement, you can check the due date by logging in to your account or by calling the customer service representative. Although marking on the calendar can help you to remember it.
How to get a loan against SBI Credit Card
SBI and other credit card issuers offer their customer the opportunity to get a short-term loan against their credit cards at a low. It is an instant loan facility specially meant to fulfill short-term cash requirements. You can get a loan against your SBI credit card very easily with a few simple steps.
A. Though Website:
- log in to your SBI account.
- Go to the Benefits section from the menu bar.
- You will find the Easy Money option here.
- Click on it and fill up all the necessary details.
- Click on Confirm and your Easy Money will be booked.
B. Though Mobile app:
- Log in to the SBI mobile app.
- Go to the menu bar. You will find the Benefits option here.
- Click on it and select Easy Money.
- Fill in up necessary details and click confirm.
- Your Easy Money will be booked.
You can also call the SBI helpline number 18601801290 or 39020202 to book offline. Once you have submitted your application successfully, the loan amount will be credited to your account through NEFT.
How to check the balance on SBI Credit Card
You can check your SBI credit card balance very easily. There are a number of different ways to do it.
A. Through Net Banking:
To check your credit card balance through net banking first log in or register your credit card with the SBI Net Banking facility and then follow the instructions
- Go to the menu bar and click on the Credit Card option there.
- You will get a number of options like – Credit Card Balance, Available Credit Card Balance, Credit Card Statement, etc. Click on the Credit Card Balance option to check your balance.
B. Through SMS Alert:
Whenever you make a transaction with your credit card you will get an SMS from SBI. It contains the transaction amount and your credit card balance. It happens in real-time and you can check your balance very easily with it.
C. Through mobile banking:
SBI has its own mobile banking application which can help you to be updated. Apart from checking credit card balances, these apps come with a number of useful plug-ins.
D. By Visiting an ATM:
You can also visit any SBI ATM and use your credit card and PIN to check your balance.
E. From Customer Service:
If you are not comfortable with the online process you can just call the SBI balance check number 1800 425 4059 you will get the complete details of your credit card balance from them.
F. By Visiting a Nearby Branch:
If you are a new user and don’t have much knowledge about credit cards then this option can be helpful for you. You can just visit any nearby SBI Branch and consult with their team to know your credit card balance.
G. From Monthly Statement:
At the end of your credit cycle, you will get a statement from SBI with a detailed description of your balance, dues, and the due date.
How to convert SBI Credit Card transactions into EMI
EMI or equated monthly installment is one of the most advertised features of credit cards. It allows you to convert big-ticket purchases into easy monthly installments at a very low or zero cost (for no cost EMI). SBI also presents the feature in the form of Flexipay. Where you can convert any amount over Rs 2500 into EMI (for 6, 9,12, 24 months) with an annual interest rate of 22%(which may vary according to offers) and a one-time processing fee of 2%. You can book your Flexipay in two easy ways.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your SBI account.
- Go to the Benefits section which you can find on the left-hand side of your screen. You will find the Flexipay option here. Click on it.
- You will get a list of your recent transactions on the screen. Select the transaction you want to convert.
- Select the tenure And you can see the exact amount of EMI.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and click on Confirm to submit the request.
B. By calling the helpline number:
If you are not comfortable with the online process then you can apply just by calling the SBI helpline number 1860-180-1290 or 022-3902-0202. Once you have submitted the application it takes up to 5 working days to complete the process. You also have to convert the transaction within 30 days.
How to prepay all existing EMIs in advance on an SBI credit card
Prepayment or foreclosure of an EMI means paying an active EMI before the due date. If you have a big amount of money, or if you want to close your credit card account you can pay your credit card bills much before the due date. Although this feature is not free of cost. You have to pay 3% of the total outstanding amount as a charge. However the process of pre-closing SBI credit card EMI is simple. You can follow the simple steps given below to foreclose your EMI.
- Log in to your SBI Credit Card account with your username and password.
- Go to the menu section and click on the Benefits option.
- A drop-down list will open and you will find the Foreclose option there. Click on it.
- Select the product type, in this case, it will be Flexipay.
- On the next screen, you will find all your active EMIs.
- Select the loan that you want to close.
- Click on the Foreclose option below to confirm.
Alternatively, you can apply for a pre-closer just by calling the SBI customer service at 39020202 or 18601801290.
How to change your postal address on SBI Credit Card
If you have changed your residential address, it becomes necessary for you to update your current address to maintain seamless communication with the bank. It is also important due to safety as the card statements are sent to your residential address by post. With SBI you can change/update your residential address very easily with a few simple steps. You can do this either online or offline.
A. Using Online Method:
- Go to sbicard.com and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Click on My Profile, you will find the address section there.
- Click on the Address that you want to change.
- Fill up the necessary details and click on the Set as Communication Address option.
B. The Offline Method:
- You can just visit the branch and apply to change your address by submitting all the necessary documents.
- You can call the SBI customer service at 39020202 or 18601801290.
- You can also write to the address given below.
Head office: SBI Card Correspondence Department, DLF Infinity Towers, Tower C, 10-12 floor, Block 2 Bldg 3, DLF Cyber City Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana, India.
You can download the application From from www.sbicard.com
How to change email id on SBI Credit Card
Changing the registered email id on the SBI Credit Card account is very simple. You can do it online very easily with a few simple steps.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your account using your user id and password.
- After logging in to your account click on ‘My Account and Profile’
- Once you click on the profile option you will get a list of options to choose from. You will find the ‘Update Email id’ option there. Click on it.
- Fill up all the necessary details and click on the submit option.
- A new page will open where you will be asked to choose the mode of approval. Select the SMS/OTP Approval Option.
- You will get an OTP in your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP and your email id will be updated immediately.
How to Pay SBI Credit Card Bills Offline
SBI gives its customers the opportunity to pay their bills offline. There are three ways to make the payment offline – Payment made over the counter, Through Electronic DropBox, Through Manual DropBox, ATM Fund transfer, and through NEFT.
A. Payment Made Over the Counter: The process is very simple, you can just visit any SBI branch near you and make the payment in cash. Although you will have to pay a charge for it.
B. Through Electronic DropBox: You can also pay your bills just by dropping a cheque in an electronic dropbox of your bank. You will also get a receipt instantly. The cheque you want to drop must be in favor of your SBI Credit Card account.
C. Through a Manual DropBox: To pay bills with a manual dropbox write your credit card number on the cheque. You also have to write your name and phone number on the back of the cheque. Write your sixteen-digit card number as the payee’s name.
D. Through ATM Fund Transfer: You can also use your debit card to pay your credit card bills. Just visit a nearby ATM and transfer the amount using your debit card.
E. Through NEFT: To pay bills through NEFT just fill up an NEFT form and submit it to your nearby branch.
What Happens if I Only Pay the Minimum Due of My Credit Card Bill
Credit card companies offer their users to pay a minimum portion of their total outstanding amount (normally around 5%) to maintain a healthy financial relationship with the bank, and to prevent their credit score from being affected.
If you just pay the minimum due amount every month it will create a huge financial problem for you, which can also lead you to bankruptcy. By paying the minimum due amount you can get rid of the late payment fee but a higher rate of interest will be counted on the total outstanding amount. That means your due balance will grow day by day even if you stop using the card. Not only that, if it continues for a long time it will create a terrible impact on your credit score.
Therefore it is wise to pay credit card bills completely. But if you can’t, then pay the minimum due amount and stop using the card until you clear the total outstanding balance completely.
How to Cancel SBI Credit Card
In the vast world of finance credit cards have become a very useful tool. But sometimes it becomes necessary for the user to cancel their cards. The process of closing or canceling an SBI Credit Card is very simple. There are two ways to do that.
A. By Calling SBI Customer Care:
SBI credit card holders can cancel their credit card account just by calling the SBI helpline number 18601801298 or 39020202
B. By Writing an application:
You can also send your request for closing your SBI credit card account to the given address- SBI Card, PO- Bag 28, GPO, New Delhi 110001. You must mention your Card number, Name and complete address, and contact details. And you should not mention the CVV number or the PIN of the card.
Things to keep in mind before closing a credit card:
Before closing a credit card account a cardholder should keep these things in mind.
- Before applying to close your credit card account, make sure you don’t have any unpaid dues on your card. You can only initiate the process of cancellation if there is no outstanding balance on your card.
- Make sure you have used all your earned reward points. If you have some unused reward points, use them to get some items from the reward catalog. You can redeem your points within 45 days of canceling the card.
- You should not use the card just before applying to close it. It will create a fresh payment due on your card.
- Go through the latest statement you got for the card to see if there are any suspicious transactions.