How to apply SBI credit card ?
Applying for an SBI credit card is very simple, like most of the card providers SBI supports online and offline applications. But due to the current pandemic, they are insisting upon online application.
There are two ways to apply online. First, you can apply from the SBI card official website or you can apply from Yono SBI mobile app.
SBI credit card online application process via the official website:
If you want to apply from SBI official website you can follow the steps given below.
- First of all, visit the SBI card official website, and go to the credit card section. You will get a list of available credit cards there. You can preview your selected sbi credit card benefits and the applicable charges.
- After selecting the best sbi credit card for yourself, click on apply now.
- A new page will open where you have to provide your personal details like name, date of birth, city, pin code number, email id, mobile number, etc.
- You will get an OTP in your given mobile number. After entering the OTP select agree and go to the next step.
- Another new page will open where you will have to provide your personal and professional details to prove your eligibility for sbi credit card.
- Provide your mailing address. And select if you already have an SBI credit card or not.
- After filling up all the necessary details click on “Get instant decision”.
- If your application is accepted you will get an application number on your screen. And the sbi credit card customer service will contact you shortly.
How to apply for SBI credit card via Yono App ?
You can also apply from SBI credit card mobile app Yono. You can follow the steps given below.
- Open your Yono SBI app and go to the card section and select the “Get a New Card” option.
- You will get a list of available credit card options. Compare them and select the most suitable option. Select the desired card and you can see the benefits and applicable sbi credit card charges.
- Select the “Apply now” option and select your City from the drop-down list. If your city is not on the list, contact the sbi credit card helpline number ( 30020202).
- Select your SBI savings account and select agree to continue.
- On the next page, you have to provide some of your personal information like your qualification, annual income, etc. to prove eligibility for credit card in sbi bank.
- Click on the send OTP option. You will get the OTP in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and submit sbi credit card application online.
- The bank will decide your eligibility for the card, and if you are eligible then your card will be delivered to your registered residential address.
How to track my SBI credit card application status ?
After applying for a credit card you have to wait for a few days to get it in your hand. During this period you can track sbi credit card application online with your application id and mobile number.
- To track sbi credit card application status, first of all, visit https://www.sbicard.com and go to the credit “Credit Card” section from the navigation bar.
- You can find the track my sbi credit card application status option at the end of the page.
- Enter your application/reference number and select the sbi credit card online tracking option. You will get the sbi credit card online application status on your screen.
If you don’t have the application/reference number handy you can check the status by entering your PAN number and date of birth.
How to track SBI credit card delivery status ?
Once sbi credit card application is approved, it will be delivered to your given address. You can also track the sbi credit card status of delivery online. You can follow the steps given below.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your account. You can see the track application sbi credit card option there. Fill up the required section and click on the track button.
- On the screen you can find your sbi bank credit card application status.
- If your application is approved you can see the delivery status of your card. You will get an SMS or email with a tracking/order Id from the shipping company.
- Log in to the shipping company’s website and enter the tracking id to track the sbi credit card status of delivery.
How to activate SBI credit card for the first time ?
New credit cards always come blocked Status. In order to use it, you have to activate it manually. You can active your SBI card just by visiting www.sbicard.com you can follow the steps given below.
How to activate SBI credit card online Via NetBanking
- Go to SBI card.com log in to your SBI account.
- Once you have logged in to your account you will find the request menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on it and select sbi credit card activation option Choose your desired card (if you have more than one card)
- Next, click on the activation option and your card will be activated shortly.
How to activate SBI credit card offline
If you are not comfortable with the online procedure then you can activate your card offline. You can visit any SBI ATM and follow the given steps to complete your activation process. The sbi credit card new pin generation process is given below
- First of all visit an SBI ATM and insert your card in the machine.
- You will see a number of options on the screen. Among them choose “Create new pin using OTP” to generate sbi credit card pin.
- You will get the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and in the next screen, you will be asked to enter your mobile number.
- Select a 4 digit sbi credit card pin of your choice and click submit.
- You will get a confirmation SMS from your bank on successful activation.
How to activate SBI credit card for online transaction ?
If you cannot use your SBI credit card for online transactions that mean, sbi credit card online payment feature is turned off on your card. In order to use your card for online transactions, you have to turn that on manually. You can do this very easily by following the simple steps given below.
- First of all, visit www.sbicard.com and select the “Register Now” option.
- In the next screen, you will have to enter your sbi credit card no, CVV, and your date of birth and click on the Proceed button given below.
- You will get an OTP in your registered mobile number or email id. Enter the OTP and click on proceed.
- After you have successfully verified the OTP. A new screen will open for you where you can set a user id and password of your choice. Once you have selected the user id and password, click on the confirm button.
- You will see a message on your screen on the successful sbi credit card activation process.
- Now go to the sbi credit card account login portal and log in to your account with your user id and password.
- You will find the My Accounts option from the left menu, click on it.
- Click on the manage PIN option and on the next screen click on generate OTP.
- On the next screen enter the OTP and set a four digits pin of your choice and click on Submit.
- On the next screen, you will get a message on successful PIN generation.
How to withdraw cash from SBI credit card ?
Just like a regular debit card, you can withdraw cash from your SBI credit card. But unlike debit cards, you have to pay some charge for sbi credit card cash withdrawal from atm. Normally it is a percentage of the withdrawn amount.
For sbi credit card cash withdrawal from atm, you have to generate a PIN for your card. If you have already generated your PIN then you can follow the steps.
- First, insert your card in any ATM machine.
- Enter your four-digit unique PIN and the amount you want to withdraw.
- Collect the cash from the machine.
However, can credit cards are not designed for cash withdrawal. You will have to pay a certain amount of money as sbi credit card cash withdrawal charges and it can also affect your credit score. So, unless it is not an emergency do not withdraw cash from your credit card.
How to upgrade SBI credit card limit ?
Every SBI credit card comes with a fixed credit limit. It says the maximum amount you can spend within a credit cycle. However, it can be increased. SBI sometimes offers their selected users to increase their credit limit. Also if your annual income has increased in recent times, you can apply to your card provider to upgrade your credit sbi credit card limit.
When it comes to increase credit card limit sbi has two options for you, 1) With a sbi card credit limit increase offer. It requires zero documents. 2) Apply with income proof.
With sbi credit card increase limit offer
SBI often offers its eligible cardholder to increase their credit limit. If you are eligible you will get the sbi credit card offer through SMS, email, or through the monthly statements. You can also send your sbi credit card limit increase request online, log in to www.sbicard.com and go to the offer and benefits section to see if you have got any sbi credit card limit increase offer.
How to apply for sbi credit card limit increase with income proof ?
Suppose you have got a promotion and your annual income has significantly increased. You can then apply to your card provider with all necessary documents to increase sbi credit card limit.
How to block SBI credit card ?
If your SBI credit card is lost or stolen or if you notice some suspicious transactions it becomes necessary to block sbi credit card. Therefore every cardholder should know how to block their cards. With SBI you have multiple options to block your credit card.
SBI credit card block online via sbicard.com
- log on to www.sbicard.com with your user id and password.
- Go to the request section.
- Click on “Report Lost/Stolen Card”
- Select your card number and click on “Submit”.
- Your card will be blocked automatically.
SBI credit card block via mobile app
- Log in to your SBI account with the SBI mobile app.
- Go to the menu option and select “Service Request”.
- Here you will find the “Report lost/stolen card” option. Click on it.
- Select the credit card number you want to block and click on submit.
- Your card will be blocked automatically.
Through SBI credit card helpline no
You can block your card just by calling the 23X7 sbi credit card helpline number (39020202/18601801290). You just have to follow the given instructions.
Also, you can SMS “BLOCK_LAST FOUR DIGIT OF YOUR CARD NUMBER” to 5676791 to block your card.
How to replace your SBI Credit Card ?
When credit cards get lost it becomes necessary to block them. Therefore It is necessary for every cardholder to know how to how to block credit card sbi and replace their lost or stolen card. You can also replace your credit card if it is physically damaged. You can apply for replacement either via sbicard.com or you can apply from SBI mobile application.
You can apply credit card sbi replacement via SBI official website by following the simple steps given below –
- Log on to www.sbicard.com and go to the request section.
- Here you will find replace/request option, click on it.
- Select your card number from the registered sbi credit card list and click on submit.
- Your card will be replaced soon.
Through sbi credit card mobile app
- Log in to your SBI mobile application and go to the menu.
- Here you will find the “Service Request” option. Tap on it.
- Tap on the “Reissue/Replace” option.
- Select your sbi credit card number and tap on submit.
- Your card will be replaced soon.
How to apply for SBI credit card add-on cards ?
SBI gives their customer the opportunity to issue add-on cards against their credit card. With SBI you can get an add-on card very easily without any changes. The application process is very simple and straightforward. You can also follow the steps given below.
How to apply sbi credit card add-on card via NetBanking
- Log in to sbicard.com using your user id and password.
- Go to the sbi credit card service section, you will find an add-on card option there. Click on it.
- Submit some of the personal details of the add-on card member including name, date of birth, gender, his/her relationship with the primary cardholder, etc.
- You have to upload some KYC documents like photo id, address proof, passport size photograph. All the documents required for sbi credit card add-on card application must be self-attested.
- Submit the application and your card will be delivered to your given address.
You can also download the add-on card.
Apply offline by visiting the branch
If you are uncomfortable with the online application process then you can apply offline. Fill up the application form and mail it with self-attested KYC documents to the official sbi credit card address –
SBI Cards and Payment Services Pvt. Ltd.
P.O Box No- 16, GPO,
New Delhi- 110001
How to enable international transaction on SBI credit card ?
As per the new rbi mandate for sbi credit card international transactions on new credit cards are turned off. So if you want to use your SBI credit card for International transactions you have to turn it on first. You can do it manually from www.sbicard.com
- Log in to sbicard.com with your sbi credit card user id and password.
- Go to the Service section and select Active International Usege option.
- Select your sbi credit card number and click on the Active option. You will also have to accept all the terms and conditions.
- Click on Submit button and you will see a message on a new screen that says that your sbi credit card application for the online transaction, has been submitted successfully.
- It takes a while to activate the international transaction. You can also track your application status from the sbi credit card application tracker option.
How to check SBI credit card statement ?
For a credit card user, the statement is a very important thing. It contains a number of important information like the total due amount, due date, minimum due amount, and lots more. Normally sbi credit card monthly statement are sent to the registered email address at the end of sbi credit card billing cycle although you can check your sbi credit card statement details and download it with a few simple steps.
By visiting the official website:
- Visit www.sbicard.com and log on to your account using your user id and sbi credit card password.
- Click on the View Statement option that you can find at the center of your screen.
- select the month from the list.
- Make a Click on the Download option, and your sbi credit card statement pdf will be download.
How to check sbi credit card statement From the digital assistance Chatbot ILA :
Alternatively, you can also use the digital assistance Chatbot ILa to check sbi credit card statement.
- Just type – Download Statement.
- Select the month and submit your selection.
- Make a Click on Download to download your sbi credit card bill statement of the selected month.
Via SBI credit card mobile app
- login to your SBI Credit Card mobile application.
- Go to the menu and tap on the My account option.
- A list of options will open for you, tap on the Card Statement option.
- A new page will open where you can see your total outstanding amount, your due date, and your minimum due amount.
- if you want to view your statement in detail, then tap on the View Statement option.
- A new page will open for you, where you can view your sbi online credit card statement.
How to file a dispute on your SBI credit card ?
SBI and all other credit card Issuers give their users the opportunity to raise a question against a sbi credit card fraud transaction. This process of raising a question is called a transaction dispute. One can file a transaction dispute if there is a –
- Failed transaction.
- Not-rendered transaction. (Undelivered service)
- Double debit. (When You are charged twice for the same transaction)
You have to file your sbi credit card complaint within 25 days of the transaction. Once a dispute is filed investigation will be initiated. During the sbi credit card dispute settlement period, the disputed amount will not cost any charges and will not be added to the total sbi credit card outstanding amount.
To raise a dispute you have to fill up and submit a sbi credit card application form named Transaction dispute form or TDF along with some necessary documents. You will get an acknowledgment that says your dispute has been registered successfully.
You can also mail at [email protected] for further information.
How to check the due date of your SBI credit card ?
Every credit card user has to make monthly payments against their total sbi credit card outstanding amount. These payments should be made monthly within a certain date which is set by the card issuer. This date is called the due date.
Normally due dates are mentioned in the monthly statements that you will get on every sbi credit card bill generation date. But if you have lost your sbi credit card statement, you can check the due date by logging in to your account or by calling the sbi credit card customer service number. Although marking on a calendar can help you to remember it.
How to get loan against sbi credit card ?
SBI and other credit card issuer offers their customer the opportunity to get a short personal loan on sbi credit card at a low. It is an instant loan facility specially ment to fulfill short-term cash requirements. You can get sbi loan on credit card very easily with a few simple steps.
How to apply for sbi credit card loan via the official SBI Website?
- log in to your SBI account.
- Go to Benefits section from the menu bar.
- You will find Easy Money option here.
- Click on it and fill up all the necessary details.
- Click on Confirm and your Easy Money will be booked.
Through Mobile app
- Log in to the SBI mobile app.
- Go to the menu bar. You will find the Benefits option here.
- Click on it and select Easy Money.
- Fill up necessary details and click confirm.
- Your Easy Money will be booked.
You can also call sbi credit card help number 18601801290 or 39020202 to book offline. Once you have submitted your sbi credit card application for a loan successfully, the sbi credit card loan amount will be credited to your account through NEFT.
N.B.- Before applying for loan on sbi credit card read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
How to check SBI credit card balance ?
You can check your sbi credit card balance very easily. There are a number of different ways to do it.
SBI credit card balance check online through NetBanking
To check your check sbi credit card balance through net banking first log in or register your credit card with SBI Net Banking facility and then follow the instructions
- Go to the menu bar and click on the Credit Card option there.
- You will get a number of options like – Credit Card Balance, Available sbi credit card credit limit, Credit Card Statement, etc. Click on the Credit Card Balance option to check your balance.
Through SMS Alert:
Whenever you make a transaction with your credit card you will get an SMS from SBI. It contains the transaction amount and your credit card balance. It happens in real time and you can check your balance very easily with it.
SBI credit card balance check through NetBanking
SBI has their own mobile banking application which can help you to be updated. Apart from checking credit card balance these apps come with a number of useful plug-ins.
By Visiting an ATM:
You can also visit any SBI ATM and use your credit card and PIN to check your balance.
From the customer care of SBI credit card:
If you are not comfortable with the online process you can just call the sbi credit card balance enquiry number 1800 425 4059 you will get the complete details of your credit card balance from them.
By Visiting a Nearby Branch:
If you are a new user and don’t have much knowledge about credit cards then this option can be helpful for you.
You can just visit any nearby SBI Branch and consult with their team to know your credit card balance.
From Monthly sbi credit card statement:
On the end of your credit cycle, you will get a statement from SBI with a detailed description of your balance, dues, and the due date.
How to convert SBI credit card transaction into EMI ?
EMI or equated monthly installment is one of the most advertised features of credit cards. It allows you to convert big-ticket purchases into easy monthly installments at a very low or zero cost (for no cost EMI).
SBI also presents the feature in the form of Flexipay. With the sbi credit card emi facility you can convert any amount over Rs 2500 into EMI (for 6, 9,12, 24 months) with an annual sbi credit card emi interest rate of 22%(which may vary according to offers) and a one-time sbi credit card fees of 2%.
You can book your sbi credit card flexipay in two easy ways.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your SBI account.
- Go to the Benefits section which you can find on the left-hand side of your screen. You will find the Flexipay option here. Click on it.
- You will get a list of your recent transactions on the screen. Select the transaction you want to convert.
- Select the tenure And you can see the exact amount of EMI.
- Accept all the sbi credit card terms and conditions and click on Confirm to submit the request.
By calling the helpline number
If you are not comfortable with the online process then you can apply for the sbi credit card facility just by calling the sbi credit card helpline phone number 1860-180-1290 or 022-3902-0202. Once you have submitted the application it takes up to 5 working days to complete the process. You also have to convert the sbi bank credit card payment within 30 days.
How to pay for SBI credit card EMIs in advance ?
Prepayment or foreclosure of an EMI means paying an active EMI before the due date. If you have a big amount of money, or if you want to close sbi credit card account, you can pay your sbi credit card bill much before the due date. Although this feature is not free of cost. You have to pay 3% of the total outstanding amount as a charge.
However the process of pre-closing SBI credit card EMI is simple. You can follow the simple steps given below to foreclose your EMI.
- Log in to your SBI Credit Card account with your username and password.
- Go to the menu section and click on the Benefits option.
- A drop-down list will open and you will find the Foreclose option there. Click on it.
- Select the product type, in this case, it will be sbi credit card flexipay.
- On the next screen, you will find all your active EMIs.
- Select the loan on credit card sbi that you want to close.
- Click on the Foreclose option below to confirm.
- A new page will open where you can view the applicable sbi credit card fees and charges and the amount you will have to pay in the next sbi credit card online statement.
- Click on the confirm option and you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and your application for EMI foreclosure will be submitted.
Alternatively, you can apply for a pre-closer just by calling the SBI customer service at 39020202 or 18601801290.
How to change address in sbi credit card ?
If you have changed your residential address, it becomes necessary for you to update your current address to maintain seamless communication with the bank. It is also important due to safety as the online sbi credit card statement is sent to your residential address by post.
With SBI you can change/update your residential address very easily with a few simple steps. You can go for sbi credit card address change online or you can go for the offline method. Both processes are discussed below
How to change address in sbi credit card online
- Go to sbicard.com and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Click on My Profile, you will find the address section there.
- Click on the Address that you want to change.
- Fill up the necessary details and click on the Set as Communication Address option.
- The Offline Method
- You can just visit the branch and apply for a sbi credit card address change by submitting all the necessary documents, and filling up the sbi credit card address change form.
- You can call the sbi credit card customer service number at 39020202 or 18601801290.
- You can also write to the sbi credit card head office –
Head office: SBI Card, Post Office Bag 28, GPO, New Delhi- 110001.
Head office: SBI Card Correspondence Department, DLF Infinity Towers, Tower C, 10-12 floor, Block 2 Bldg 3, DLF Cyber City Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana, India.
You can download the sbi credit card application form pdf version from www.sbicard.com
How to change the email id on SBI Credit Card ?
Email id plays an important role in maintaining flawless communication between the card providers and users. Most of the important announcements and also your sbi credit card monthly statement is sent to your registered email id. Therefore if you have changed your email id, it becomes necessary to update the same on your SBI credit card account.
Changing the registered email id on your SBI Credit Card account is very simple. You can do it online very easily with a few simple steps.
- Go to www.sbicard.com and log in to your account using your sbi credit card user id and password.
- After logging in to your account click on ‘My Account and Profile’
- Once you click on the profile option you will get a list of options to choose from. You will find the ‘Update Email id’ option there. Click on it.
- Fill up all the necessary details on the sbi credit card application form and click on the submit option.
- A new page will open where you will be asked to choose the mode of approval. Select the SMS/OTP Approval Option.
- You will get an OTP in your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP and your email id will be updated immediately.
How to make SBI credit card payment Offline ?
SBI gives its customers the opportunity to pay their bills offline. Although you can pay your credit card bills very easily through sbi credit card payment online billdesk if you want to make your sbi credit card payment offline then there are five sbi credit card payment options for you – Payment made over the counter, Through Electronic DropBox, Through Manual DropBox, ATM Fund transfer, and through NEFT.
How to make payment of SBI credit card bill Over the Counter:
The process is very simple, you can just visit any SBI branch near you and make the payment in cash. Although you will have to pay a charge for it.
SBI credit card bill payment through Electronic DropBox:
You can also pay your bills just by dropping a cheque in an electronic dropbox of your bank. You will also get a receipt instantly. The cheque you want to drop must be in favor of your SBI Credit Card account.
Through a Manual DropBox:
To pay bills with a manual dropbox write your credit card number on the cheque. You also have to write your name and phone number on the back of the cheque. Write your sixteen-digit card number as the payee’s name.
Through ATM Fund Transfer:
You can also use your debit card to pay your credit card bills. Just visit a nearby ATM and transfer the amount using your debit card.
SBI credit card NEFT payment:
To pay sbi credit card bill payment through neft just fill up an NEFT form and submit it to your nearby branch. You can get the sbi credit card neft payment ifsc code from the branch.
What happens if I only pay the minimum due of my credit card bill ?
Credit card companies offer their users to pay a minimum portion of their total outstanding amount (normally around 5%) to maintain a healthy financial relationship with the bank, and to prevent their credit score from being affected. If you are thinking about what is minimum amount due in sbi credit card ? then here is the answer, you can check your minimum due amount from your sbi credit card monthly statement.
If you just pay the minimum due amount every month it will create a huge financial problem for you, which can also lead you to bankruptcy. By paying the minimum due amount you can get rid of the sbi credit card late payment charges but a higher sbi credit card interest rate will be counted on the total outstanding amount. That means your due sbi credit card balance will grow day by day even if you stop using the card. Not only that, if it continues for a long time it will create a terrible impact on your credit score.
Therefore it is wise to pay credit card bills completely. But if you can’t, then pay the minimum due amount and stop using the card until you clear the total outstanding balance completely.