There are so many credit cards available for the customers of SBI for their daily uses. SBI offers Tata Platinum Card in collaboration with Tata Capital Ltd. This card is specially designed for shopping benefits. The card has so many privileges such as welcome gift, anniversary benefits, value back, empower points, bonus spend rewards, fuel surcharge waiver, airport lounge access, worldwide acceptance, credit facility, add-on card benefits, cash on the go, online railway ticket bookings, utility bill payments, balance transfer, flexipay, e- statements benefits etc.
Lets discuss about the card briefly –
- Age: The applicant should be 21 years old or more.
- Citizenship: Applicant should be an Indian.
- Occupation: The applicant should be a Tata employee but non-Tata employee can also apply for this card.
- Income : Applicant should have a decent income.
- Identity proof: Aadhaar card, electricity bill, telephone bill, water bills etc.
- Income proofs:
Last 3 month’s bank statement, salary slip of last 3 months or any document of income.
Recent Income Tax Returns, Balance sheets.
- PAN card
Annual fee – Rs.2999 + Taxes
Renewal fee/ annum – Rs.2999.
There is no add-on card fee.
Privileges on Tata Platinum Card :
- Welcome gifts: If you choose Tata Platinum card you will be able to get some welcome gifts. After receiving of your card you will get a SMS on your registered mobile number. You will receive gift vouchers worth Rs.3000 by this SMS. You can choose the gift vouchers by replying the SMS or by calling the customer care number. The gift vouchers are gift vouchers from Yatra, Hush Pupples, Bata, westaide, or Aditya Birla Fashion.
You will get the welcome gift in the mobile number which is registered in the Bank in between 15 days of paying the joining fees.
- Anniversary Gifts:
- If you spend Rs.2 lakhs or more you will get the anniversary gift.
- Value Back:
- If you spend for shopping at cromaretail.com and Croma you will get 2% value back.
- If you spend at Tata outlets you will get 5% value back.
- Empower points:
- If you spend Rs.100 for shopping at departmental stores and grocery stores you will get 3 empower points.
- If you spend Rs.100 for dining and International purchases you will get 3 empower points.
- If you spend Rs.100 for other purposes you will get 1 empower point.
These empower points are convertible and you can convert this reward points into
Cash ( 1 empower points is equals to Rs.1 ).
- Bonus Spend Rewards:
- If you spend Rs.4 lakh and 5 lakhs in a year you will get bonus reward.
- You will get e-gift vouchers worth Rs.3000 from Yatra, Aditya Birla Retail, Bata, westside etc.
- You will get this vouchers in between 7 days of spending.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver : There is a offer for all Tata Platinum cardholders at any petrol pump. You will be able to get freedom from 1% fuel surcharge. (You can save only maximum Rs.250 per statement Cycle)
- The transaction must be in between Rs.500 to Rs.4000 if you want to get the offer.
- The GST is not applicable in this waiver.
- If you want to raise this profit, use the card at petrol pump you want all over India.
- Airport Lounge Access: You will get 8 complimentary Domestic lounge access per year. You can visit maximum 2 lounges per quarter.
- Worldwide Acceptance: You can use your card in all around the world. You will be able to use your card in more than 24 million outlets around the world and 3.25 lakhs outlets in India.
To make payments use your card at any outlet which accepts Master card.
- Credit Facility: You can pay your credit card dues with your card easily.
You will be able to pay the amount whatever you want from the minimum due amount to the due outstanding amount. You can see the amount in details in the monthly statement. There is a low finance charge applicable.
- Add-on Cards : You can use add-on cards for your family ( parents, spouse, children, brothers and sisters whose age must be 18 years) for their uses.
- Cash on the Go: You will be able to withdraw money from more than 1 million Visa and MasterCard ATMs all around the world.
- Online railway ticket bookings: You can book railway ticket via online with your card. You will get your tickets at doorstep. For bookings you have to register at irctc.co.in.
- Utility Bill Payment Facility: You can use your card for your utility bill payments such as electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.
- Balance transfer: You can pay your EMI by your card to gain a low rate of interest as well as you can save money while you pay your EMIs through your card.
You can transfer the outstanding balance of card of other’s bank to your Tata Platinum card. There is a very low interest rate. Thus you can save money while paying the dues of your card.
- Flexipay : If you purchase with the help of your card , you can convert your transaction in easy monthly instalments. You have to pay very low interest. To use this facility ( convert into flexipay) you have to log in to sbicard.com with your username and password in between 1 month of your purchase.
- E-statements: You will get your monthly statement in your mailbox.
- Charges :
- Interest free period 20days to 50 days.
- Finance charges 3.35% per month and 40.2% per year.
- Cash advance fees 2.5% of the amount at SBI and other ATMs (minimum Rs.500) and 2.5% for International ATMs.
- Cash payment fees Rs.100.
- Rs.100 for Cheque pick up fee
- Cheque fee Rs.100.
- Payment dishonor fee 2% of transaction amount ( minimum Rs.450).
- Rs.100 for statement retrieval .
- Rs.225 per charge-slip for charge slip retrieval.
- Late payment:
- 0 for due of Rs.0 to Rs.500
- Rs.400 for due of Rs.500 or more and upto Rs.1000
- Rs.750 for due of Rs.1000 or more and upto Rs.10000
- Rs.950 for due of Rs.10000 or more.
- Rs.100 for card replacement.
- Over limit charges 2.5% of the amount ( minimum Rs.500)
- $175 for emergency card replacement at abroad.
- Foreign currency mark-up 3.5%.
- Rs.500 for cash upgrade fees.
Customer Care: If you want to know more about the card you can contact in this 24×7 helpline number 1800 180 1290 or 39 02 34 56.
100X Gain Rating: 4 stars.
Final Opinion: If you are searching for a credit card for your daily needs then you can check the Tata Platinum Card. With this card, you will save money through its rewards.