If you are a student from West Bengal and condensing to get soft loans for your higher education so without having any questions such as can I get a credit card as a student or how can I afford expensive higher education then there is good news for you, The West Bengal government has decided to equipped bengal student with student credit card.
This card is designed to offer a hassle-free experience of getting an educational soft loan and financial security. To implement this west bengal student credit card scheme the govt has partnered with several banks such as The West Bengal State Co-operative Bank, Its affiliated Central Co-operative Banks / District Central Co-operative Banks, and other recognized Public / Private Sector Banks. Further scheme details are discussed below.
Student credit card West Bengal eligibility:
- Resident Type: Indian and staying in West Bengal for the last 10 yrs.
- The applicant student should be studying in class X / Higher Secondary / Under Graduate or Post Graduate Courses. Students studying under professional courses like Diploma (within or outside West Bengal or abroad) and it’s also applicable for those studying at coaching centers for competitive examinations can also apply for the said West Bengal education scheme.
- The maximum age of the applicant should be 40 yrs.
- The Application should be submitted by the Student and the co-borrower.
- Photocopy of ID Proof (any 1)
- Aadhar card
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Photocopy of Address proof (any 1)
- Last 6 months bank account Statement
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Utility bill
- One recent passport-sized photograph.
- Documents related to the current course you are studying in.
- Joining Fee: None.
- Annual Fee: None.
- Students can feel more financial comfort with this card, it offers you up to Rs. 10 lakh of education loan for a tenure of up to 15 years.
- You Don’t need to provide any collateral security to get the student credit card loan, which makes it a lot easier for the students.
- It charges an interest rate of 4% and if the interest is fully serviced within the study period, there will be a 1% rebate of the interest rate. Which makes it unique among the various student credit cards in India.
- Students can pay for institutional and non-institutional costs with this card.
Institutional costs include – Course fees of College, University, or Higher Education Institute. Also, it will pay for caution money deposit, building fund, or any refundable deposit needed for your course (need to provide institution bill for support).
Non-Institutional costs include – Accommodation fees required for staying in college, university, or institute hostels. Also, it covers rent required for living outside institute hostels also as paying guests, the cost of purchasing books, laptops, computers, and other electronic products related to your course.
This student’s credit card can also be used to finance the costs required for Project Work, Thesis, or Study Tours.
- 30% of the sanctioned loan amount can be used for non-institutional expenses for the whole course of study and you can use a maximum of 20% of your loan amount for living expenses for the duration of the course.
- You will also get a repayment holiday of up to 1 year after you complete your course.
- For a loan up to Rs. 4 lakh, there will be no margin money, and above Rs. 4 lakh it will be 5% of the students loan amount. Any scholarship or assistance ship will be included with the margin money.
- In the name of the student, a life cover will be sanctioned and the insurance premium will be debited from his student credit card loan account.
- To get the course fee or other fees related things of the institution the amount of loan will be credited directly to the designated institute’s account.
- In case of purchase of laptop or books or any other essential living expenses, the amount will be directly credited to the student bank account.
- WB credit card interest rate: 4%
- Margin Money: None for up to Rs. 4 Lakh, above which it will be 5% of the loan amount.
Mail: [email protected]
How to apply for student credit card?
To apply West Bengal student credit scheme, go to the student credit card online student credit card west bengal apply online portal https://wbscc.wb.gov.in and create your account. Then log in to your account and fill up the application form. Now scan your original documents and upload them. as you upload the documents the credit card online application process is complete. you can now check the student credit card status from the student credit card login portal.
The West Bengal Government has launched this credit card for students with no income. This chief minister scheme is going to be very helpful for needy students and can save a lot of effort of getting an educational loan from banks. The most attractive feature of this cm scheme is it does not need any security and the credit interest rate is relatively low.
So if you are a student, then go and grab your student credit cards now, because if you have this card, no one can stop you from achieving your dreams. Also if you want benefits like fuel surcharge waiver, reward points, etc, you can go for an SBI Student credit card.